Sunday, October 5, 2014

Missed Connections

Fellow readers,

For some reason, I know about the "missed connections" link on Craigslist.  If you don't know what this is, I don't blame you.  But here's a quick run-down of what it is:

Essentially, people go to Craigslist in a SUPER desperate attempt to "re-connect" with someone.  I use the term "re-connect" loosely, because this implies that there was a connection in the first place.  That probably explains why they've titled the page "missed connections."  Anyways, what you do is go to a random gas station/liquor store, make eye contact with someone, and then go home and post about how you've let the love of your life slip through your fingers.

So, I had a plan, but I don't know how well it is going to work.  My plan was to write a humorous fake missed connection post, and see what replies I got.  Here's my struggle: some of these posts are so funny that I don't think I could top them.  The problem is that these posts are actually real.


"We were at wal mart the same time today. I saw you a few times. The last time we were by the milk. You walked up right next to me and got milk for your family. Your family had a couple shopping carts I think and your mom, or someone, was riding in one of the electric scooters. I know some of what you were wearing and how many gallons of milk you got. Please let me know a slight description of what you wore today and how many gallons of milk you got. You were so cute...I hope you see this!" (post id: 4700963120)


If you ever get bored and need a good chuckle, head on over to the Craigslist Missed Connections.  Who knows, maybe someone saw you pumping gas while they were at a stoplight and has been desperately attempting to reach you ever since.

I'll be posting my first Craigslist post on the blog in a day or two.  I'm not going to provide the actual link to my post because I know some of you may try to screw up this experiment.  Trolls.

-Nom

No comments:

Post a Comment